JOB SUMMARY: Receives all calls coming to the clinic and responds as necessary: for example scheduling an appointment, taking a detailed message for a provider, referring a call to the case manager. Bilingual to Spanish is required.
JOB TYPE: Part time (15-20 hours/week)
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Checking, Examining, and Recording
- Retrieves medical records as necessary.
- Responds to requests for release of information as needed.
- Witnesses consents or other documents as necessary
- Documents date, time and signature on every note in a patient’s chart in an accurate and thorough manner.
- Accurately documents medical data, and witnesses consents.
- Faxes supplemental information without errors
- Responds to patient inquiries in a timely, courteous, and efficient manner. Relays urgent patient concerns to providers.
- Schedules new patient appointments, and schedules return patient appointments.
Communicates clearly with all team members within the organization in order to convey pertinent patient issues, appointment information, provider schedules. This includes communication with front desk receptionists, and case managers.
- Effectively communicates information about patient concerns and care plans to appropriate staff.
- Alerts health care team when leaving the floor for breaks or end of shift
- Takes accurate and detailed messages. When these pertain to patients’ documents these completely, attaches these to the chart, and transmits them to the care team efficiently. When these do not pertain to specific patients, takes and forwards the message or transfers the call as necessary
- Receives all calls coming to the clinic. This includes calls from patients, other providers, specialists, community organizations, labs, and institutions.
- Consistently assists other members of team.
- Assists in coverage in others areas if needed.
- Consistently displays professionalism in dealing with customers, staff, and clinicians as observed by Manager.
- Performs duties with accuracy, timeliness, and a pleasant demeanor.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or G.E.D. not required.
Other Skills and Abilities Required:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to perform multiple tasks
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality and professionalism.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
- The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive.
- They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job.